Hello!, Today is the day of love celebrated by billions of people in the world (wouldn’t it be nice if we all celebrated love every day). Though this day is generally focused on romantic love, you can have an exquisite, extraordinary love-filled day whatever your relationship status is; whether you are in the Singles’ or Married crowd don’t let that stop you from total all-out love today. So here’s the plan to celebrate this Valentine’s Day in the most fantastic way—whether you’re single, in a not-so-happy relationship or in the relationship of your dreams.
Since all love starts with self-love, focus today on ways to love, care for, and appreciate yourself and watch how you feel. While it’s a great day for giving love and appreciation to all those around you, it’s also a great day to practice receiving love from yourself and others. Here are Ten Tips for Your Best Valentine’s Day and beyond (adapted from Love for No Reason):
1. Practice Self-Love. Try a simple self-love technique that will open your heart. A few times today, ask yourself, what’s the most loving thing I can do for myself right now? Then pay attention to the answer and actually do it. When you love and take care of yourself, it inevitably serves everyone.
2. Anchor Yourself in Safety. Feeling stressed, unsupported, or afraid takes love off-line. Whenever you feel a bit stressed, take a few deep breaths and consciously relax your pelvic floor, located at the base of your body.
3. Give Freely. Whether you are giving a gift to a loved one or doing acts of kindness for a stranger, giving opens the heart. Even if you don’t have a romantic partner this Valentine’s Day, you have the opportunity to offer gifts, words, or acts of kindness to many people around you.
4. Let Love In. Receiving from others is an act of love and connection that opens your heart. When you receive, your levels of serotonin – the neurotransmitter of well-being and happiness – rise just as much as when you give. The next time someone offers you a gift, a compliment, or some support, graciously receive it. Smile and say thank you, while consciously feeling appreciation in your heart.
5. Live with a Grateful Heart. Pay attention to and savor all that you’re receiving in life right now. Gratitude is the fast track to love. List five things you are grateful for today and every day.
6. Speak the Language of Love. Tell others that you appreciate them—that amps up the vibration of love. When you speak directly from the place of unconditional love inside, you touch that same love in the people you’re speaking to.
7. Unleash the Power of Forgiveness. If you’re holding on to any resentments or grudges—past or present—they’re blocking your ability to love. Use the ancient Hawaiian Kahuna technique that my sister,Sherri, taught me of Ho’oponopono to release and forgive. Repeat silently over and over in your heart, “I’m sorry. Please forgive me. Thank you. I love you.” Based on the principle of taking total responsibility for everything that happens to you, Ho’oponopono allows you to bring the vibration of pure forgiveness into any situation.
8. Sense Your Support. Einstein once said that the most important decision you can make is whether to believe you live in a friendly universe—one that is always supporting you. Assume that the universe is on your side. If things aren’t going the way you’d like, ask this question: If this were happening for a Higher Purpose, what could that be?
9. Feel Your Feelings. Stuffing your emotions or overly expressing them crimp your capacity to experience love. Instead practices opening completely to the feelings you tend to resist (sadness, anger, etc.) as they move through you ~ when you feel them fully, the discomfort will dissolve.
10. Plug in to a Larger Heart and recharge your spiritual batteries by taking sometime today in silence, meditation, or prayer. Tapping into this inner wellspring of spirit will boost your capacity to experience love by a factor of infinity. Following these ten tips will help you live in a state of unconditional love all the time – not just on Valentine’s Day. Imagine feeling love, no matter what’s going on in your relationships or in your life, because you’re connected to a state of pure love within yourself ~ that’s Love for No Reason.
Thank you and Happy Valentine’s Day ~ I wish you the most love-filled Valentine’s Day ever and let’s try and make Every Day Our Valentines Day!